Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Udon's Megaman Tribute

Hey everybody! My Megaman illustration was picked to be in the Udon Megaman Tribute Book! I am super excited to get the book, and it comes out soon and isn't hard to get. The book is premiering at the San Diego Comic-con at the UDON booth (#5037), July 20-24 and for fans not attending the show, you can preorder the book at UDONstore.com. If you want to get the standard softcover edition, it is available to preorder now at amazon.com.

When I was a kid I used to draw Megaman a lot so I've always been a fan of the original design for him. He has a simple design, but I like how effective a solid simple character design can be. Plus he has a great cast of side characters and villains to draw. 

Even though I wanted to draw as many bad guys as possible, I also didn't want to do the standard Megaman fighting a giant robot/many robots bosses. I figured a lot of people would have covered that and probably really well. I was right. But this way I still got to draw a lot of different Megaman things and I thought it was a fun idea. 

This book is going to be cool. I'd be excited to get it even if I wasn't in it, so if you're a fan of Megaman, or good illustration check it out. You can find a lot of other pieces that are in the book online on DeviantArt or on Rampaged Reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment